Skip to main content

Why I Chose Berkeley for Pre-Med Life?

I got this question a lot. Literally a lot.

I was fortunate enough to be accepted to quite a few good colleges. They were all good colleges for pre-med so the choice was rather difficult.

So I decided to go with my heart rather than my brain. I visited the colleges that I got accepted to (most of them, not all) and my heart felt different when I visited Cal. The vibe, the environment, the people were different from what I imagined, from other colleges and I liked it. A lot.

I knew the pre-med classes will be difficult and the competition is fierce but I like to challenge myself and if I cannot endure Cal, how will I do in med school?

Now that I have finished 2 semesters at Cal. I don't regret my decision. There were surely many downs but I learned and got stronger. I did not do as good as I wanted my first semester but I learned.

If you are looking to attend Cal as a pre-med, please equip yourself with the mentality to accept and overcome all the obstacles. Cal will expose you if you're a crybaby or it will as well strengthen you and your will. Once you fall behind, people will step on you to get on top. It's hard, but life ain't easy.


Comments